It’s ok, you can still geolocate without us
A Patch to Extend GeoPosty Via the Neustar API is Now Available
We have completed a patch to the GeoPosty plugin that will allow your site to continue using most features of the plugin/service. This is done via the Neustar IP Intelligence API.
- The only features that are not going to be available are those that are Radius-based. If your site uses the radius-based feature of the plugin for content or features, we recommend that before installing the patched version you either remove content/features that are dependent upon radius-based functionality or switch them over to location-based functionality.
- As always — but especially if you are running a major mission-critical installation that depends on GeoPosty — we recommend to back up your files and database prior to applying the patch in case you want to roll back any changes.
- When you apply this patch by installing the newest version of the plugin, you will be required to input a new API key and secret, which can be obtained through the quick and easy registration process. To mitigate disruption of your service, you will want to have the new key and secret ready to paste into your configuration as soon as you upgrade so that the plugin can immediately resume mediating Geo services.
- Your previous settings will be removed if you choose to deactivate the old version of the plugin in the process of upgrade. That is why we recommend to:
- Download and unzip the patched version here.
- Overwrite the old version of the GeoPosty plugin folder with the new patched version over FTP or SSH.
Questions about a paid version or other help?
We are doing our best to answer all questions and consulting requests regarding GeoPosty.
If you are interested in paid support, please contact us here.
Please note, paid support is only being offered for patch users. No API access remains.